We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bluehouseman

Which Roatan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Mexico
Level Contributor
385 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Bluehouseman

Bluehouse

I read in one of these threads that you fly out of Atlanta on Delta; I just read that you'll be down on the 12th. My wife and I and our couple friends will be flying out of Atlanta on the 12th (9:45am flight) arriving around 11:00 or so; any chance we'll bump into you on that flight?

Sounds like you bounce around between the States and Roatan, how long have you been down there? My wife and I always talk about buying a retirement property there; don't know if it will ever happen, but it's nice to dream. I'm only 33 years old, so I have a ways to go.

Thanks for all your help on this forum, it's nice to get good, reliable information.

Flowers Bay...
Level Contributor
1,864 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bluehouseman

I would say a good chance, I am also on the 9:45. Chances are if you see a short bald guy with a camerabag backpack and rollaboard carry on it is me.

West Virginia
Level Contributor
1,638 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bluehouseman

Hey NM,

Don't mean to intrude but... hope you have a long layover in Atlanta coming back to the States and that it is not raining.

We got back a week ago. It was storming in Atlanta so it took Delta over an hour and a half to get our luggage on the carousal. Since we had to take our luggage through customs with us, we had to wait for it. Our 2 hour layover was not long enough, our plane was overbooked and they shut the doors early, Delta would get us on standby for the next day so we could maybe leave then, etc. So we, and a multitude of other people, rented a car and drove 8 hours throughout the night to get home. We wanted to take our luggage but the agent said our luggage had made the plane. Of course, when we got to our home airport to return the rental car and get our luggage, we were informed that our luggage was still in Atlanta. Don’t you just love the airlines!!!! Up to that point however, I have to say the staff on the Delta planes were very nice and friendly.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,605 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bluehouseman

We had the SAMMMMEEE mess when we came back via Atlanta-storms, chaos at the airport...missed our connection. Luckily we got on the last plane to D.C. on standby.

My husband came home from Roatan the Saturday before us, and the same thing happened to him! BUT, he didn't get the flight-he had to stay in a hotel overnight.

Definitely a pattern.

Flowers Bay...
Level Contributor
1,864 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bluehouseman

Eight round trips out of Atlanta and knocking on wood because I have not had connection issues.

New Mexico
Level Contributor
385 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bluehouseman

I've got 3 hours layover on my return trip. Hopefully everything will work out, but if not, oh well. I usually worry more about getting to my destination than the return trip anyway; as long as I reach Roatan, there will be no worries. Maybe I'll just "miss" my flight out of Roatan coming back :)At any rate, coming back is going to be one long haul; I won't arrive in Albuquerque until midnight (2:00AM EST) or so, and then it's about a 30-40 minute drive to my digs; definitely not looking forward to the return trip. I've never flown Delta and have never flown through Atlanta, but I here the Atlanta airport can be a nightmare. My dad used to fly Delta on business trips when I was growing up; he always carried on an extra suit because he had so many luggage problems, he hated flying Delta. I'm glad we are at least overnighting in Atlanta on Friday.

Flowers Bay...
Level Contributor
1,864 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bluehouseman

Delta has its issues as do many airlines these days. We generally fly to Roatan in the front of the bus on points due to the fact we have almost a million FF miles with them so yes, we are pretty experienced with Delta and being from Jacksonville Fl, virtually every fight we take connects in ATL. Atlanta is really pretty easy to travel through. Comming home the biggest issue I have had is if a bunch of international flights come in together but even with really long lines I dont think it was ever more that 20-30 minutes at most, Nothing Compared to what Roatan is like if Delta and Continental arrive at the same time and do be ready upon departure to be there early, RTB gets pretty hectic on Sat mornings.

I am with NM, that I am more concerned with getting to my destination rather than the return trip.

7. Re: Bluehouseman

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:24 am, September 25, 2009