We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lost in Roatan...Please Help!

DC
Level Contributor
49 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Lost in Roatan...Please Help!

Hello everyone!!

So I began researching last night til 3am on Roatan on Tripadvisor for 5 divers, 5 days. So far I like cocoview and west bay lodge. I'm just lost on the location (West bay,End,Sandy Bay etc..) and where we would stay base on the list below.

1)Near by dive op or on location (would like to dive at least 4 time a day)

2)LOW KEY hotel,resort, lodge ect.. with meals provided (B,L,D) but have the option to eat out near by restaurants.(NO AKR)

3)Maybe a nice beach for the girls, they like to tan if possible after diving.

4)Possible land excursions and Dolp encounters.

We like to stay away from the large crowd, Cr-ships, but still be in the main dive spots, restaurants, bars.

Thank you again for all the help and I will keep researching..

Nat :)

Mentioned in this post
Roatan
Roatan
Bay Islands, Honduras
West Bay
West Bay
Roatan, Honduras
Sandy Bay
Sandy Bay
Roatan, Honduras
Pataskala, Ohio
Level Contributor
176 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Lost in Roatan...Please Help!

Have you checked Seagrape Plantation? They only problem I can see is that it is not an all inclusive resort. There are refrig in rooms and Casa Calico around the corner for a great, reasonable breakfast. From there you would have to walk into West End for the other meals. It seems to have everything else you are looking for. They have a website.

Mentioned in this post
Seagrape Plantation Resort
Seagrape Plantation...
570 Reviews
Roatan, Honduras
West End
West End
Roatan, Honduras
Grimsby, Canada
Level Contributor
2,238 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Lost in Roatan...Please Help!

Decisions, decisions, decisions! I'm sure no matter where you choose to stay, you will fall in love with Roatan!

Mentioned in this post
Roatan
Roatan
Bay Islands, Honduras
Washington
Level Contributor
48 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Lost in Roatan...Please Help!

Bluehouseguy, (or any one else with experience)

What is the best way/deal to experience Utila for the day or a few days from Roatan. Having a hard time finding info on how best to get there or how much it cost (hopefully without returning to the mainland first)

Any help would be great. Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Utila
Utila
Bay Islands, Honduras
Roatan
Roatan
Bay Islands, Honduras
Grimsby, Canada
Level Contributor
2,238 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Lost in Roatan...Please Help!

Just a bit about the rooms at FI. We were in the 100's. The room was huge, and the bathroom was beautful. Our balcony looked right out over the beach from which we snorkeled from. Just put our stuff on a chair in front of our room and started snorkeling from there....

Friends were in the 500's. Kind of like a cottage. They were 4 room villas with vaulted ceilings. Docks off to one side which we fished from every morning (brought our own travel rods) Although the rooms in the 500 section weren't as nice as the one's in the 100 section, they weren't bad. Not much time was spent in our rooms anyways! too much else to do...

25. Re: Lost in Roatan...Please Help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:20 pm, September 23, 2009