We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trips to Guetamala

Hoboken, New Jersey
Level Contributor
27 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Trips to Guetamala

I know you can get trips to Guatemala from La Ceiba... is this plausible from Henry Morgan Resort as well?

Thanks

Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
60 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trips to Guetamala

Have alook at zillatours.com

Hoboken, New Jersey
Level Contributor
27 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trips to Guetamala

Thanks!! I checked it out, it seems to be more 7-15 day trips, rather than a 1 day, but I will give them a call and see if they are able to give me more information.

La Ceiba, Honduras
Level Contributor
557 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Trips to Guetamala

Femme -

You do not need a travel agent. Your problem is you will kill a day, at least, each way on travel. If you fly it is expensive and time consuming and if you bus, very time consuming.

The Hedman Alas Bus line (http://www.hedmanalas.com/index.htm) runs from La Ceiba to Guatemala City and to Antigua with a 5:15 AM departure, meaning you will have to overnight in La Ceiba.

You can shorten the trip somewhat by flying to San Pedro Sula from Roatan but many times you will kill as much time waiting for your next connection as you save.

If you are traveling to some other destination in Guatemala it becomes more torturous.

Charlie Meador, Coco Pando, La Ceiba, Honduras

Hoboken, New Jersey
Level Contributor
27 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trips to Guetamala

So I guess we are better off saving the trip to Guatamala for another time.

Thanks for the response, really appreciated.

5. Re: Trips to Guetamala

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 pm, August 21, 2009