We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay

Which Roatan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
california
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
where to stay

I am traveling to the island with my wife and kids age 6-7 looking for good place with beach access, good snorkeling, diving,food, bar and nice rooms-

looking at luna, los rocas, bananasomething and many more- like to stay at one place or split the 10 day trip up for 2 different lacations on the island any feedback would be helpfull

oh i forgot to say my trip is from jan 20 to the 30th

thanks

Menlo Park...
Level Contributor
5,013 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay

I think that with kids that age you are going to want a pool, which rules out Las Rocas.

Flowers Bay...
Level Contributor
1,864 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: where to stay

I can't really see why kids would need a pool with a perfectly good ocean to swim in, What a great time to get some swim fins and masks and let them enjoy the natural beauty

Boring, Oregon
Level Contributor
92 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: where to stay

We stayed at Bananarama in Oct & it was wonderful for 2, but with kids I would want more privacy than a studio type room, exception being the House. They have just purchased "Island Pearl" which is right next door & has really nice units. Another bonus is they are keeping it separate from the Cruise Sheepers.

www.roatanpearl.com

Cheers!

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
10,752 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to stay

question....when the dreaded cruise ships arrive, does West Bay get as crowded?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,605 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where to stay

I disagree that you don't need a pool with kids if there is an ocean.

Both my kids are superb swimmers-the divemasters we went out with from AKR commented on my 9-year old's strength in the water, but even so, I am more relaxed to supervise them in a pool than the ocean.

It is nice to have both. I would always prefer a place with a pool.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,336 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where to stay

I really liked the Mayan Princess-rooms are big enough for a family, great pool, diving, bar and beach access.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,605 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: where to stay

Yes, Myan Princess is nice. Didn't stay there, but had lunch there, and ran into a family from the plane with 3 kids, and they were very happy there.

8. Re: where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 pm, September 16, 2009