We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay in Roatan

new york
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
where to stay in Roatan

I am coming to Roatan December 26-january 2.

can anybody suggest a good place to stay? I am young and will be alone so I would like something safe but really fun- somewhere where i can meet people and be social- nothing to isolated.

Send me any ideas!!

Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
256 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay in Roatan

Pura Vida in West End

Mentioned in this post
West End
West End
Roatan, Honduras
new york
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to stay in Roatan

So Pura Vida is good? i saw their web site and it looks nice- do you think that it is good for someone who is looking for good beach time and also somewhat of a social scence?

I am not looking for anything crazy-just not too desolate

new york
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to stay in Roatan

So Pura Vida is good? i saw their web site and it looks nice- do you think that it is good for someone who is looking for good beach time and also somewhat of a social scence?

I am not looking for anything crazy-just not too desolate

Canada
Level Contributor
846 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to stay in Roatan

Check out Posada Arco Iris too. It is across from a MUCH better beach than is Pura Vida and it is also practically across the street from Sundowner's beach bar, which is one of the best places in town to meet people socially.

Pura Vida is in the center of the village and close to a number of restaurants and bars, but I don't really feel that the layout is conducive to meeting your neighbors. A friend of mine stayed there last year at Christmas, and we didn't even pass anyone going to and from his room during the day. The restaurant at Pura Vida is also not really set up for meeting people.

Another place you might want to consider is Crystal Beach Cabins.

You do know that none of these places are like something you would find in Cancun, don't you?

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
256 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: where to stay in Roatan

Siobhan, if it is the beach experience that is of more importance then West Bay is where you want to be. I don’t see many actually in the water or lying on the beach at Half Moon Bay. Henry Morgan at West Bay with its large lodge, entertainment and many social events is geared toward singles and socializing.

Oh gees Seashell, every thing, except maybe Luna Beach, in West End is close to a number of restaurants and bars. What is it a 5 minute walk from Pura Vida to Sundowners? It is exactly the layout of Pura Vida that I thought it a good choice for a female alone. As there have been times that I it most beneficial to keep my domicile location private.

Mentioned in this post
West Bay
West Bay
Roatan, Honduras
West End
West End
Roatan, Honduras
Canada
Level Contributor
846 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where to stay in Roatan

Gias, don't want to argue with you about this and don't see what you got ticked off about anyway. You are giving advice based on your experiences in West Bay and I'm giving advice based on my experiences in West End.

I'm a female. I've spent weeks and weeks and weeks enjoying myself in West End and most of that time, I was on my own.

As for the beach, yes, I agree the beach at West Bay is significantly better than at Halfmoon Bay. That said, I've seen lots of girls sunbathing on Halfmoon Bay. Regardless, if siobhan wants to stay in West End and enjoy the local beach without taking the water taxi over to West Bay (which she should definitely do!), then it will probably be much more convenient and comfortable for her to be a few steps from her room. Also, she wanted somewhere fun.

I don't see anything more safe at Pura Vida than many other places and for the price, she can do better.

Mentioned in this post
West Bay
West Bay
Roatan, Honduras
West End
West End
Roatan, Honduras
Guilford, Ct
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: where to stay in Roatan

I have always stay at Seagrape in West End. It is a few minutes walk to town, and sundowners. They are wonderful there. They do not have a beach, but they do have one of the few pools around. Mariela in the best she sees to everything for us while we are there.

Mentioned in this post
West End
West End
Roatan, Honduras
8. Re: where to stay in Roatan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:45 am, September 11, 2009