We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coco view vs. reef house resort

Which Roatan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
colorado
1 post
Save Topic
Coco view vs. reef house resort

We are relatively new divers (25 dives) and are looking for a relaxing, laid back dive vacation. Our priorities are great diving, knowledgeable dive masters and good food. Has anyone stayed at both resorts? How do they compare?

Thanks all!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coco view vs. reef house resort

Im just back from Coco-View and am a seasoned diver who has been to many places to dive. I found Coco-view to be the best staff I have ever had. Couldnt have been more attentive, professional and easier to dive with! Better than live-aboards! There were many brand new divers(30!) who were also there and speaking with them they loved it.

The food was great, the rooms, photo and dive shop( my computer froze and I had to rent one- very reasonable and good!) I will be back and thats a first for me as I usually go to a new place each time.

Lots of dives- 2 boat a day with 2 drop offs(wreck on the way in and deep walls) and shore dives. We only got one night because of the hurricane off shore, but it was a great dive too!!!

You will feel like family there.

We spoke with others at the airport and we got the best deal!!!

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coco view vs. reef house resort

Haven't stayed at Coco but I spent the most amazing 2 weeks at Reef House. I'd go back there in a flash. The owners are amazing. Larry, Carol, Ashley and Barry take good care of their guests. The dive masters are great! They know every inch of the ocean and are very safety conscious. Dive Master David showed us a seahorse that only he (with his knowledge of the dive spots) could have spotted, it was only about 2-3 inches high. Amazing.

One really nice thing about Reef House is that they are a small resort so you get very personal attention. You end up feeling like family when you leave. Check out their reviews and you will see that mentioned over and over again.

Also, as you can imagine coming from San Francisco, good food is a priority for me. I ate like a little piggie at Reef House. The food was yummy.

I hope you pick Reef House because everyone should have as much fun as we had diving in Roatan!

Really I'm not related! ;-)

Tracey

3. Re: Coco view vs. reef house resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, September 09, 2009