We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mayan Princess

Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Mayan Princess

Wonder ing if anyone has come back from Mayan Princess recently and can give a current review. Thinking of making a trip in Sept and would really like to dive with Mayan Divers and stay at the Mayan.

How is the service and generator situation? Which rooms have the best views?

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mayan Princess

Although I didn't stay at the Mayan Princess I did spend a couple afternoons there so I think I can give you a pretty good idea on everything except the rooms. There are only a few that actually have ocean views as the resort is sort of built rectangularly away from the ocean. Most rooms 1st and 2nd floor have pool views and what a pool it is. Over 250 feet long with waterfalls and different areas to relax in. We loved it. The new restaurant Caliente should be open by September with a swim up bar and indoor dining. Really classy place. So much so that we're going back at Christmas. I dove with a different company but the boat is covered and the groups were small plus they lug all your gear back and forth for you so you don't have to. There are so many dive operators that they all charge about the same in order to not undercut anyone - $25 per dive for the first 10 and then it should drop to $20. Have a great trip I'm sure you'll love it.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,338 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mayan Princess

Livintodive-we have a trip planned for end of Sept and I have heard different things about the generator situation. Last I heard the generator was working, but who knows about tomorrow.

I have read all good things about Mayan Divers.

3. Re: Mayan Princess

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, September 05, 2009