We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delzies Beach Apartments

Which Roatan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Waukesha, WI
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Topic
Delzies Beach Apartments

Has anyone ever stayed at Delzies Beach Apartments in West End? Just trying to get a feel for what the accomodations are like there. Thank you very kindly.

Jimmy

Canada
Level Contributor
846 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Delzies Beach Apartments

I have tried to stay there, but they have always been booked when I wanted to stay. I've toured the one bedroom and it is awesome.

Waukesha, WI
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Delzies Beach Apartments

Hi Seashell,

Thank you so much for your reply. I'm trying to decide between a 1 bedroom condo at Sunset Villas and a 1 bedroom beach apartment at Delzies. We are staying for a month and I was quoted 1800.00 plus 16% tax plus utilities for the Sunset Villa unit and 1200 + 16% tax with utilities included for the Delzie 1 bedroom beach apartment. I have heard that the price of electricity is quite high, so, the Sunset Villa condo concerns me. I also wonder if either of these units have a backup generator. It's difficult to tell from the Delzie website how this apartment really looks, so, I'm having a tough time making a decision. Thanks so much for your input, I appreciate it.

Jimmi

Canada
Level Contributor
846 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Delzies Beach Apartments

Sunset Villas are up the hill, well away from the shore, but the complex has a pool. The units (from the outside) put me in mind of many townhouse condo complexes at home. I haven't been inside any of the units.

Delzie's only has two units on the second floor, immediately on the beach. The mainfloor of this building has 3 or so businesses . .if I recall correctly, there's a small liquor store, um, another business that I can't remember and then there's the owners' of Delzie's car rental, etc. outlet. Marco always has the coffee on in the morning. They've got a great dock out back on the water for their guests enjoyment.

Now, all that said, the one bedroom unit is right next door to Ocean Connections dive operation. I suspect that there may be a little tank banging noise and certainly boat motor noise. Myself, I'm willing to put up with that for the one bedroom. It is fab. You go up the stairs onto the front deck on the street side and enter a main room. It is very large, has a great kitchen, full refrig and bottled water dispenser. Then, the other part of this large room is the livingroom area. Nice comfy furniture, big TV. Back of that and on the water side is a large bedroom with lots of closet space. Nice bathroom too but it is off the bedroom and so anyone in the living area, has to go through the bedroom to get to the bathroom. There's a lovely patio/balcony out of sliding doors off the bedroom. Looks right out at the water. You can watch the sunset from there, if you've a mind to. (I understand why you are having trouble figuring it out from the website, because they have pics of the one bedroom and the two bedroom but don't say which is which. The two bedroom is more chopped up and has a smaller living space to accommodate the two bedrooms).

I'm not saying they don't, but frankly, I'd be a bit surprised if Delzie's has a generator. That said, mayhap they do . . after all, their business is right downstairs.

If you engage in an email correspondence with Delzie's, I caution you to keep your emails and enquiries simple. I once lost an opportunity with them, because they just couldn't follow what I was trying to express. This won't happen again next time, because we are acquainted now.

Oh by the way, another reason I haven't been able to book in there is because they had return guests that booked the place from October to April annually. Best of luck and let me know how it goes.

There is another new and quite nice apartment at Crystal Beach Cabins. I went through it last year before it was fully completed and was most impressed. Since then good friends of mine rented it to live in fulltime, but ended up house sitting elsewhere.

If you are willing to consider something a bit less elaborate with no view, look into the Seabreeze Inn. Kevin's one bedroom units are quite nice and reasonably priced.

I always stay in a studio at the Seabreeze but it is a unit owned by Sueno del Mar and they don't keep their units up anywhere near as well as Kevin's. I know this sounds kind of confusing but ownership of individual units at the Seabreeze are weirdly split between Sueno del Mar and Kevin. Having seen how Kevin's units are all kept, I'm seriously considering switching to his units despite the fact that I really really like Ray (owner of Sueno).

Hope that helps, instead of confusing you even more. :^)

Waukesha, WI
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Delzies Beach Apartments

Thank you SO much for your very detailed and informative post. I really appreciate you taking the time. Your info is VERY helpful. It's always nice to chat with someone who has first hand knowledge of the properties because sometimes it's difficult to get a true feel for the units from website photos. Thanks again for everything and I'll be sure to post which rental I choose and write a review.

Jimmi

5. Re: Delzies Beach Apartments

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, September 04, 2009