We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Half moon bay

Which Roatan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
colorado
11 posts
Save Topic
Half moon bay

Has anyone rented of of the homes located in Halfmoon Bay. We just booked one for March. It looked. very nice from the pictures. Hope we made a good choice.

Canada
Level Contributor
846 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Half moon bay

You haven't told us which home you rented or even which side of the Bay it is on. Some diving buddies I met rented a home up on the point of the right side of the horseshoe (if that makes sense). They loved it and thought it very beautiful.

colorado
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Half moon bay

It is a private home that sits in Halfmoon bay in west end village.Suppose to have a coral reef right in front of house.

We found this place on vrbo.com #104801

Looks like a great place, lets just hope it turns out to be true.

Canada
Level Contributor
846 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Half moon bay

That might very well be the same house. Regardless, I'm sure you will enjoy it very much.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
40 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Half moon bay

Halfmoon Bay/ West End is wonderful and I'm sure you'll have a great time there. I believe the house you're talking about is one of five that are next to each other along the shore, is that right? Did you see the aerial view at roatanlifevacationrentals.com/listing.php…

It looks like the house you're renting may be the one on the end, which would be fantastic! But even if not it sounds like a fabulous location regardless.

I hope you'll post your thoughts when you get back, because this looks like a great option in Roatan. Enjoy!

colorado
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Half moon bay

I think your right, there are five homes. We rented the one closest to the beach. The owner is actually from Colorado.

Can't wait to go, but first we have to get through another Colorado winter. Hopefully not as bad as last year.

Fresno, CA
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Half moon bay

Great place - We stayed near there. There was a lot of damage done to the reef when they built those homes. You'll see it's from industrial run-off. Careful not to snorkel past the yellow buoy (they mark a busy boat channel. You can also walk around to the Half Moon bay resort on the other side of the horseshoe, buy lunch ($6 - $10) and they'll let you snorkel off their deck. Not quite as much damage. Still beautiful - regardless of which side :)

Have Fun!

DJ

7. Re: Half moon bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 pm, September 15, 2009