We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I've posted some photos of Fantasy Island....

Grimsby, Canada
Level Contributor
2,238 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
I've posted some photos of Fantasy Island....

To see them go to

community.webshots.com/user/fisherwoman116

Phoenix
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: I've posted some photos of Fantasy Island....

Looks awsome! I can't wait to go in July! Not staying at Fantasy island, but I'm sure looking forward to the beach and ocean! Thanks for sharing.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
2,102 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I've posted some photos of Fantasy Island....

That IS the vacation I want!

Thanks for sharing :-)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I've posted some photos of Fantasy Island....

ratherbefishing:

hey:

Your pictures are fantastic!!

Looks like a great resort--very clean looking. How was the food?

What did they serve for the buffet and were there specialty restaurants to choose from?

What about sandfleas and mosquitos--were they as bad as everyone says??

Looks like you had a great time, who did you go down with?

Take care,

Taly (Angela)

Grimsby, Canada
Level Contributor
2,238 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I've posted some photos of Fantasy Island....

Hi Angela!

Yes, we had an awesome time! We went with another couple, Rich and Tina. They had never been south before but they (and us) absolutely loved FI Just remember we're not that well-travelled either but when you find something you like, you know it.

It 's a small resort room-wise but the grounds were beautiful. Very clean, natural....You can walk a road all around the little Island and go up the hill to the mini-zoo. Very nice!

We loved the staff and because it's a small resort you recognize them and they you, very early on. There was an intimate feel to this resort and they made you feel at home. We'll never go to a big resort again. Although there may be more amenities in a bigger resort, FI made up for it in character.

We were in the newer section and thought our room was very nice. Our balconey was on the beach. Our friends were in the older section, while the rooms weren't as nice, the area was neat. Almost like a cottage with docks off to one side, peacocks hanging around....we did alot of fishing with our travel rods off those docks (got fresh shrimp from the Manager to use as bait) There's a gazebo at the end of a pier with fabulous snorkeling...we did alot of that!

The main lobby is the hub of the resort. There's the reception desk, bar and lounge area, 3 computers with free internet access, an area to book excursions, stairway leading up to the 2nd floor breakfast and dinner buffet restaurant. It was all open so there was alot of activity. We spent the first night playing cards by the bar, having a few drinks...it almost felt like a house party. Because there aren't many guests, by the time the week was done, we had talked to almost everyone there...

Outside the lobby, there's a deck/patio with tables etc joined to the small but very nice pool. Not too many people used the pool (we were in there for an hour)

We thought the food was great! There are no specialty restaurants. It's all buffet. They had beef,chicken,pork,lamb,shrimp,seafood, fish etc, beads, pastas,vegetables, potatoes and most of it done diff. ways everyday. There was a salad bar.

Lunch was the best! It was served on the beach everday and consisted of some of the same stuff with hamburgers and fries on top.The monkeys sure knew when it was time to eat! Breakfast was good...the usual bacon, sausages, pancakes, french toast, omelets made the way you like them....

The homemade icecream was delicious!

Roatan was amazing! We did a fair bit of stuff off the resort. Rented a car and explored the East End. Went shopping and deep-sea fishing in the West End. I could talk forever about that! (but I won't)

It was alot of fun to explore. Next year we plan on renting a car for the week.

We loved our trip to the Dominican but this so much better. No comparison! There are no vendors bothering you constantly and the Island is beautiful. It all depends what you want in a vacation....this was perfect for us!

But enough about our trip. Tell me about yours! Did the kids like it? How was the snorkeling? Food? Island? Did you do any excursions etc?.....

Talk to you later

Rose

5. Re: I've posted some photos of Fantasy Island....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, August 29, 2009