We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mangroves

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,338 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Mangroves

Don't plan on renting a car. Was wondering what the best way would be to see the Mangroves if we are staying at West Bay Beach. Is there a water taxi that will take you over there or is it best to cab it and then arrange for a tour of the mangroves? Isn't Hole in The Wall over there?

Roatan Webster Tours
Horseback Riding Tours, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling
Caribbean Adventures Roatan
Sightseeing Tours, Eco Tours
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
494 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Mangroves

tuacamo,

When I was there last month, Hole in The Wall had the buffet 2 days a week, Fridays and Sundays.

Canada
Level Contributor
846 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Mangroves

Stephanee, stay in West End. Take the water taxi back and forth from West Bay. While the drive over to West Bay is quite enchanting, the water taxi gets you there much quicker and for only about $2.00 one way.

I love West End and enjoying the atmosphere and ease of access to restaurants, bars and a little nightlife. West Bay is one of the most beautiful beaches I have seen in my travels, but I would never stay over there, especially alone. I don't mean to say that there is anything to worry about staying in West Bay, just that West End has ever so much more to offer.

I've been to West End many times and more often than not, on my own.

Mentioned in this post
West End
West End
Roatan, Honduras
West Bay
West Bay
Roatan, Honduras
Kansas City
Level Contributor
321 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Mangroves

Deano:

I did mention that the buffet at Hole in the Wall was on Fridays and Sundays....however the Friday version tends to be less crowded in general than the Sunday version.

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Mangroves

tuacamo- Have to totally back your comment about the view for lunch.-Not only a spectacular view, but I also found the prices reasonable at the same time, for a place like this!

Roatanbob-Maybe I hit Roatan at just the right time, but I did'nt have any trouble with cows, horses, people, or dogs on the road (other than the odd person or dog standing on the shoulder) The potholes were definitely there, but I guess that's why you keep your eyes on the road while driving.-I did this, and avoided all of them! A mud slide?-I'm sorry, but if you drive into one of these without not knowing what's going on, then you should'nt be on a scooter! As far as the other drivers go, they do speed, but this happens all over the place, not just in Roatan!

I'm not saying scooters are for everyone, but I don't believe they're as bad as you make it sound!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
494 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Mangroves

tuacamo,

Sorry I misunderstood your reply. When I was there, I talked to 4 or 5 people (2 were locals) and they all thought the buffet was only held on Sundays. I thought you were saying the same thing.

Roatanbob,

I'm just giving my honest opinion. I am fairly new to the tripadvisor forums and have noticed that you like to jump on alot of people about their comments and try knock them down. I've been feeling a little left out until this point because you have not replied to any of my comments. Thanks for making me feel like I belong.

Deano

16. Re: Mangroves

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 pm, August 28, 2009