We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weight limits on Sosa Airlines

Which Guanaja hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, Texas
4 posts
Save Topic
Weight limits on Sosa Airlines

Hello, flying this weekend to San Pedro Sula, then Sosa airlines to Utila via La Ceiba. Is anyone familiar with baggage/weight limits? One person told me there was a one 50lb bag per person limit, but I just can't believe that to be true since many people flying to Utila or Roatan have a bag with dive equipment in addition to clothing. Any info is helpful, Thanks!

Annie

4 replies to this topic
Tegucigalpa...
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weight limits on Sosa Airlines

50 lbs, they charge an excess baggage fee for total weight over 50 pounds, the fee is approximately 1 $ us per pound

Utila, Honduras
Destination Expert
for Utila
Level Contributor
2,791 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weight limits on Sosa Airlines

they handle dive gear all day, you'll probably get an excess charge. remember to pack a bathing suit, pants and a tshirt in your carry on, just in case.

Dallas, Texas
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Weight limits on Sosa Airlines

Thanks guys. So, there is a charge on weight above a TOTAL limit of 50lbs, whether one or two bags. I will plan on a change of clothes and swimsuit, as I've heard from others bags often don't make it till the next day.

Utila, Honduras
Destination Expert
for Utila
Level Contributor
2,791 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weight limits on Sosa Airlines

I've only ever been charged when a bag was over 50lbs but down here you never know :)

Reply to: Weight limits on Sosa Airlines
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Guanaja