We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pigeon keys

Menlo Park...
Level Contributor
5,013 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Pigeon keys

Wow. I spent the day out at Pigeon Keys, a gorgeous little sandy spec off the southeast coast of Barbaretta. From Paya Bay it's not that far but during the boat ride you get a good view of the Bay Islands, and you take a lovely crossing of the mangrove channel that marks the end of Roatan. We dove Morat Wall and my buddies killed 4 large lion fish (coming soon to lion fish tacos at your restaurant) and then we landed on lovely little Pigeon Key for lunch. We had the place to ourselves as we enjoyed the lunch Paya Bay had prepared for us. Then we dove the nearby site, possibly the best visibility I have ever seen. Lots of life in pristine condition. At the end of the dive I got 2 minutes of video of a very annoyed green moray who REALLY didn't like being followed. Then the boat Took us around the north side of Morat all the way to the dock at La Sirena for a relaxing beer. What a day. Sure beats sitting under the sea grape trees at West Bay. Unless that's your thing.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
581 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pigeon keys

How would you compare the diving over there as compared to rest of island...in lieu of your recent post about north side diving?

Menlo Park...
Level Contributor
5,013 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pigeon keys

The dive site at the key is excellent, because it is sheltered more than the east end of Roatan. I'm diving here (Paya Bay) one more day before heading home, but not much enthusiasm. Some people are here just to kite board. Maybe I'm doing the wrong sport.

Full review of the diving will follow Sunday.

3. Re: Pigeon keys

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 12, 2014