We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best insect repellent

Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best insect repellent

Hello,

I was wondering what brad or Deet percentage you've found to be more effective during your stay in Roatan.

Thanks in advance!

Utila, Honduras
Destination Expert
for Utila
Level Contributor
2,998 posts
325 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best insect repellent

posting this on the roatan forum will get you better results

Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best insect repellent

Thanks. Im new at this. I appreciate the advice. I posted on the Roatan forum!

US
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best insect repellent

I tried every single bug repellent possible. Then I tried baby oil and that was the only thing that worked for me. However, last year when I returned to Honduras I couldn't stand being oily all day so while in Copan I went to a pharmacy where they recommended a bug repellent made in Honduras. I have no idea what it was called, but it was a small white clear bottle with a white cap. It was about 1.5 ounces in size. It worked wonders. The only problem is that it is so small that you must buy several bottles. It does not come in a spray bottle so I just poured like 5 of them into an empty spray bottle I had from some body spray. I actually saved some to bring back to the States so that when I returned to Honduras I had some in hand. Those mosquitoes have a feast when I land.

I will be back in Honduras in 2 weeks. I will be going straight to the pharmacies to get me some. I will then post again with the name and a picture.

FYI: I am from Honduras so I visit every summer.

4. Re: Best insect repellent

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 18, 2014