We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where in Nov. for peace + romance?

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Where in Nov. for peace + romance?

Hi there,

My husband and I want to take a relaxing vacation for 1 week at the end of November. Here's what we are looking for:

-a beautiful, placid beach with calm waters

-peace and tranquility, we couldn't care less about the nightlife or bar scene

-not overly touristy

-easy access to delicious fruits and veggies (Either at restaurants or from farmers' markets. We are both vegan so being able to sample lots of wonderful local produce would be great.)

Does Honduras sound like a good option for us? If so, any specific location? If not, we would love other location recommendations. Thanks in advance!

Best,

Kate

La Habra, California
Level Contributor
275 posts
78 reviews
1. Re: Where in Nov. for peace + romance?

Its truly an amazing place, the local produce is crazy good. I love west bay beach on Roatan. It does have some tourists, but Nov is generally not that busy. Look at Fostersroatan.com and the mansion at costa tesoro, both on West Bay. You will have an amazing time!!!

Utila, Honduras
Destination Expert
for Utila
Level Contributor
3,118 posts
343 reviews
2. Re: Where in Nov. for peace + romance?

if you want to get away from it all i suggest you consider utila, my favorite rental home is the pineapple house. look at this link and be sure to watch the video http://www.vrbo.com/245992

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
13,851 posts
331 reviews
3. Re: Where in Nov. for peace + romance?

That can be a really rainy time, just keep it in mind. It's also during the hurricane season; we visit regularly earlier in the season (July or August) and haven't had a problem.

Good suggestions above!

One off the beaten track place that springs to mind (I think the fruit request did it), was Graham's Place off the south coast of Guanaja. We loved our little room there. I put my photo/blog/travelogue link at the bottom - we visited GP's in 2008.

http://grahamsplacehonduras.com/

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g292018-d951383…

flickr.com/photos/staceyholeman/collections

I hope you find just what you're looking for!

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
4. Re: Where in Nov. for peace + romance?

Oh dear. Our availability is pretty limited to late November. Is it rainy enough that it wouldn't be wise to go, or is it more like 15 minutes every day and then clear?

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
13,851 posts
331 reviews
5. Re: Where in Nov. for peace + romance?

Lots of people travel then so hopefully others can pipe up. I've only visited in the summer months which are considered "rainy season" in most areas, but not the Bay Islands. I've read reports of really heavy rains at that time (day after day) but don't know for sure.

How about Belize? Here's a chart that shows it to be (typically) fairly dry in November. Maybe someone can provide a similar chart for Roatán.

www.belize.com/belize-annual-rainfall.html

6. Re: Where in Nov. for peace + romance?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, October 01, 2012