We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Copan/La Ceiba itinerary questions

Chicago
Level Contributor
204 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Copan/La Ceiba itinerary questions

Hello-

I'm planning a 10-day trip for late November/early December and would love input! (And thanks to hopefulist and others who have already helped tremendously.) First, the itinerary, then a few questions.

Many thanks in advance!

Friday Fly to SAP & transfer to La Ceiba via Hedman Alas

Sat Daylong visit to organization in La Ceiba

Sun Transfer to SAP & then Copan via Hedman at 10 am

Mon- Fri Ixbalanque Spanish School & Copan excursions

Sat Full-day or overnight excursion

Sun See above

Mon Early morning transfer from Copan to SAP & fly home

Questions:

Lodging in La Ceiba

I know the short trip to La Ceiba looks odd; there's an organization there that I'd like to visit while I'm in Honduras, and I'm in the process of making those arrangements. We'll be on the 6pm bus to La Ceiba and are looking for a safe, central place to sleep that we can get to easily when the bus arrives after dark (or that will pick us up).

Cayos Cochinos in one day?

Also, if we could swing more time in La Ceiba, is it worthwhile to attempt a day trip to Cayos Cochinos?

Weather in La Ceiba in late November?

In late November, will it rain all day or just in the afternoons (typically)? Any other weather considerations/problems.

Copan suggestions for Sat-Sun?

Is there anything we can't do in an afternoon Monday through Friday that we should consider for Sat-Sun? We could even do an overnight trip if there was something cool nearby. Or, maybe after 5 afternoons we'll have seen much of Copan? I'd love suggestions.

Thanks!

melissa

La Ceiba, Honduras
Level Contributor
557 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Copan/La Ceiba itinerary questions

Melissa -

Regarding your lodging in La Ceiba question, I am only aware of one area hotel that includes local transfers in its prices as part of the hotel stay package.

Charlie Meador, Coco Pando, La Ceiba, Honduras

2. Re: Copan/La Ceiba itinerary questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 pm, September 01, 2009