We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tikal Entrance Fees

California
Level Contributor
671 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Tikal Entrance Fees

I saw in one of the posts that you pay as your bus brings you into the park before you get to the hotels. We're staying in the park for two nights but won't go into the ruins every day. We'll be heading to Yaxha one day and may not get there in time to go in the day we arrive either.

Do we have to pay park entrance all three days we'll be at the hotel? Or can we only pay on the days we go into the ruins?

And if we'll be there in early March, it seems that the sunset tours won't extend beyond the normal park hours. The park is open until 6 with the normal entrance fee, and our sunset tour was quoted for 3 - 6 pm, so it looks like we avoid the extra sunset fee that they apparently charge for months when the sun sets later in the evening. Or do I have this wrong?

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
11,693 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tikal Entrance Fees

I can't answer all your questions but here's what I learned about the fees when I was there in July; it's a quote from my travelogue:

Here's what Roxy says is the latest on the park fees at Tikal: the 150 quetzales (~$20) entrance fee to Tikal can still be stamped for the next day if purchased after 4pm if you're staying at 1 of the hotels in the park; it used to be 3pm and isn't automatically offered. You can only enter for the sunrise tour (we were at the gate by 4:30am) if you're staying in the park (so folks staying in Flores, don't let the tour agencies convince you otherwise) and the cost is an additional 100 quetzales (~$12). We were blessed with a rare, bright, sunny sunrise which is rare, though I enjoy the gold brightening misty sort, too.

My photos with trip links are here in case you're interested:

flickr.com/photos/staceyholeman/collections

Moorhead, Minnesota
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Tikal Entrance Fees

Is Tikal open every day

3. Re: Tikal Entrance Fees

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 01, 2014