We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flores and Tikal and Currency

Southern California
Level Contributor
998 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Flores and Tikal and Currency

Can anyone tell me if USD and/or BZ$ are widely accepted in tourist areas such as Flores and Tikal?

I am spending only one day and night touring these areas and didn't want to get a lot of Quetzals if USD are accepted.

Port Richey, Florida
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flores and Tikal and Currency

Hi there, the answer to your question is yes. They accept US dollars in Flores, Tikal and the rest of the country. The rate of exchange is about Q7.74 to $1US. Have a nice trip.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Tikal Inn
Hotel Tikal Inn
921 Reviews
Tikal National Park, Guatemala
Southern California
Level Contributor
998 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flores and Tikal and Currency

In the Belize forum someone claims you have to have Quetzals so I guess I'm not sure which is right.

Mentioned in this post
Belize
Belize
Central America
Port Richey, Florida
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flores and Tikal and Currency

I suggest you post your question or search it on the thorntree.lonelyplanet forum and see what kind of answer you get there. They may not accept belizean currency but US dollars they do for sure.

4. Re: Flores and Tikal and Currency

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:20 pm, August 20, 2009