We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Linea Dorada reservations - Guatemala

Bernalillo NM
Level Contributor
2 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Linea Dorada reservations - Guatemala

We will be traveling from Guatemala City to Chichicastenango on Dec 20th, which is one day before the Chichi saint's day -- we expect travel up there to be difficult because of the fiesta and Christmas. Can one make a reservation on a Linea Dorada bus from the States? Does one need a reservation at all? We'll arrive in Guatemala City on 12/18 so will have two days in town. Will that be enough time to make arrangements?

Port Richey, Florida
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Linea Dorada reservations - Guatemala

Hey there: If you go to the linea dorada website www.tikalmayanworld.com, you'll see than they don't go to chichicastenango. They only go to Flores/Tikal and Belize.

I would think that your best bet is to contact one of the tour operators providing shuttle service to chichicastenango. Turansa is one of them. If you search it you'll find a few. Go to www.turansa.com. Their rates are reasonable and you'll be safer.I hate to tell you that chicken buses are not safe. I know that In antigua there are several tour operators servicing that route also. I haven't heard any complaints from tourists on this forum or any others. If you still assistance just let me know. Have a safe trip.

Bernalillo NM
Level Contributor
2 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Linea Dorada reservations - Guatemala

Thanks for taking the time to answer and saving me a lot of time! I'll take your advice on the shuttle and very much appreciate your including contact information.

3. Re: Linea Dorada reservations - Guatemala

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, August 18, 2009