We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

punta gorda to livingston to rio dulce to guatemala city

Which Livingston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
punta gorda to livingston to rio dulce to guatemala city

while staying in livingston 2 nights

what transportation options do we have? looks like we can take a boat from punta gorda to livingston (only on tuesday and friday) then we stay in livingston and leave for rio dulce (directly on a 2 hour boat ride)

i can't find any info on buses from rio dulce to guatemala city, seems everybody is doing this trip the other way around

any info would be useful, thank you

Bethesda, MD
Level Contributor
2,743 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: punta gorda to livingston to rio dulce to guatemala city

Litegua goes from RD to GC. http://www.litegua.com/

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: punta gorda to livingston to rio dulce to guatemala city

thanks

which trip is more easy going? Puerto Barrios to GC or RD to GC?

Bethesda, MD
Level Contributor
2,743 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: punta gorda to livingston to rio dulce to guatemala city

They're about the same. But it looks to me like all the buses from RD swing through Morales for a stop (it was just a few minutes last time I did it) before heading to GC, while you can get direct (no stops) express buses from PB.

Central America
Level Contributor
1,932 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: punta gorda to livingston to rio dulce to guatemala city

Memo runs PG-Livingston every day he has passengers. Leaves PG around 1PM.

Alternatively you can go from PG-Barrios-Livingston any day, multiple times per day.

Livingston to Fronteras there multiple launchas per day. Litegua has service to Guate City from Fronteras or Barrios.

Dc
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: punta gorda to livingston to rio dulce to guatemala city

Question; My Belize visa expires Nov 1st. I'm in Placencia now and wondering if I can stay for Halloween on the 31st then make in all the way through PG and onto the boat for Guat on the same day on the 1st. Is that too risky?

Central America
Level Contributor
1,932 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: punta gorda to livingston to rio dulce to guatemala city

You can make the trip in less than a full day. Quickest if you fly from Placencia to PG.

You may also be able to get an extension in Big Creek or Dangriga.

Placencia is great fun for Halloween. Some extra time to recover might not be a bad idea.

7. Re: punta gorda to livingston to rio dulce to guatemala city

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 pm, January 29, 2016