We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Livingston to Rio Dulce to Flores

Which Livingston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Livingston to Rio Dulce to Flores

I hear a lot about the boat ride between Livingston to Rio Dulce. How long of a boat ride is it? and does anyone know how frequently they leave Livingston each day. I will be staying in Livingston and heading to Rio Dulce to catch a bus to Flores.

Also does anyone know which bus company is best to get to Flores from Rio Dulce?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
781 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Livingston to Rio Dulce to Flores

It is about a 1.5 hour ride. It's quite scenic with all the mangroves. Theres loads of boats near the pier, but I am unfamliar with any companies.

Port Richey, Florida
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Livingston to Rio Dulce to Flores

The boats from Livingston to Puerto Barrios run every 30 minutes for the 30 minute boat ride. And I don't know how often they run to Rio Dulce. So, you have the option of going to Puerto Barrios and catch any of the buses to the intersection with the road to Flores or to Rio Dulce . Take a look www.mapasdeguatemala.com/mapas/modules.php…

. Now in terms of which is the best bus line from there. I don't think you have much of a choice because most of the best buses if not all of them, are the ones coming from guatemala city. But who knows you might be lucky and get a good bus on Fuente Del Norte. Take a look at their schedule from guatemala city to Santa Elena/Flores www.grupofuentedelnorte.com

Edited: 11:30 pm, April 22, 2011
London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Livingston to Rio Dulce to Flores

Rio Dulce to Flores has Fuente del Norte buses which run every half hour. Price is 65Q. There is one Maya d'Oro bus at 3.00pm which is a bit late in the day. The others are hit and miss and you could end up in a 40 seater bus with 80 plus passengers.

When you get to Flores you may be dropped off into the hands of an agency that operates from opposite the Hotel Mirador del Lago. If you want to go into Flores then take the ride but do not buy any transport or trips with them. You will be ripped off. They will charge you top rate for rubbish transport to Tikal, Belize on anywhere. There are so many agents in Flores. Shop around.

livingstonguatemala
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Livingston to Rio Dulce to Flores

Boats from Livingston runs every day at 9:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. Price is Q.125 per person. You can by your ticket in any of the hotels located in Livingston and been at the boat office with your ticket 15 minutes in advance and the secretary will let you know which boat you have to get on. In reference with the transfers to Flores you can take a chicken bus with Fuentes del Norte (public transportation) or you can booked your ticket with Hotel Rios Tropicales, they organize direct transfers from Livingston to Flores by boat first (pubic transportation) and then by a private shuttle bus wih A/C.

5. Re: Livingston to Rio Dulce to Flores

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 am, February 05, 2015