We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atitlan Nature Reserve

Which Panajachel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Austin
Level Contributor
146 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Atitlan Nature Reserve

Has anyone ever stayed in the rooms here? They get very good reviews but the lack of photos and a request for a full nonrefundable payment has me a little cautious.

Bethesda, MD
Level Contributor
2,770 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Atitlan Nature Reserve

I've only been ziplining there a few times. Cabins look nice, at least from the outside. I wouldn't want to be that far outside Pana.

Austin
Level Contributor
146 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Atitlan Nature Reserve

Where would you ? We would like to have views of the lake as well as be close to Pana but can't seem to find a place that isn't too bare bones or too expensive.

Bethesda, MD
Level Contributor
2,770 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Atitlan Nature Reserve

I don't care for Pana. IMO hotels with the best views are in Santa Cruz.

I've never stayed at Hotel El Sol, but it gets good reviews and is inexpensive. Don't know about the views though. tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g292008-d175504…

Mario's Rooms also gets good reviews and is low-priced. I don't think it has a view of the lake, but it's right in town. tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g292008-d162758…

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
11,148 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Atitlan Nature Reserve

I always stay at Mario's if I sleep in Pana but I have never done it for more than a night coming or going; I prefer San Pedro for longer stays. I think I would want a view if I was staying there longer than a transitional night.

http://www.mariosroomsatitlan.com/

5. Re: Atitlan Nature Reserve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 03, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Panajachel