We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shuttle to Chichi market and Guat city

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Topic
Shuttle to Chichi market and Guat city

I would like to go from Panajachel to the Chichi market on a Thursday but have to be in Guatemala City that night for my flight. Are there any shuttles that go one way from Pana in the AM to Chichi, and then leave for Guat City in the afternoon? If so, would it be safe to leave my bags in the shuttle while touring the market? Or would i have to take 2 separate shuttles and store my bags somewhere while out and about?

Thanks for any advise!

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
216 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shuttle to Chichi market and Guat city

I have not yet been to Guatemala but I asked a similar question a while ago. So I'll just repeat what the forum experts told me. If you want to visit the Chichi market and then travel to another destination, the shuttle company can help you to store your luggage. I also wrote to Adrenalina Tours www.adrenalinatours.com and they said my luggage would be stored in the second shuttle bus that I would take.

Panajachel...
Level Contributor
176 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shuttle to Chichi market and Guat city

If you are in Pana then go and talk to ATITrans next to the Regis Hotel on Calle Santander. They are the most reliable shuttle bus company with the best drivers an buses. You can go with them to Chichi, leave you bags on their bus, then go on their shuttle that goes from Chichi around 2pm to Antigua, and from there meet up with ATITrans' 4pm shuttle to Guatemala City.

They can explain it all to you and help you out.

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
11,519 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shuttle to Chichi market and Guat city

If the times don't work for you, you could consider a private shuttle - generally more convenient and comfortable but more expensive. Also, you could choose to leave Pana earlier and beat the crowds at Chichi and avoid ducking into Antigua for drop off and pick up on the way to GC. I've had my best success with Adrenalina so 2nd that recommendation. Have a good trip, whatever you decide!

4. Re: Shuttle to Chichi market and Guat city

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, July 19, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Panajachel