We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa ATM Machines?

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
156 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Visa ATM Machines?

Are there any ATM machines in the area which accept a visa debt card? Also, based on the cost of items/services in the area what would someone recommend a student bring in the form of currency. Not shopping for lots of stuff, mainly for food, some small gifts etc.

Bethesda, MD
Level Contributor
2,862 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa ATM Machines?

I've used my VISA credit card in ATM machines, when I've had to, with no problems. Generally speaking, $30/day would easily cover meals. You could do it for a lot less if you had to, and you could spend a lot more in some parts of the country if you're moved to splurge.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
11 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa ATM Machines?

We were there about a week ago, and used my Visa debt card on two different ATM machines, both had no problems.

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
11,693 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa ATM Machines?

You don't say how long you'll be there. I pack along US cash in small bills and quetzales I've saved from a previous trip. I take traveler's checks for back up and to pay places that accept them. I use the ATMs for everything else once my initial cash is spent (including the ATMs in Pana as needed).

4. Re: Visa ATM Machines?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:28 am, April 08, 2013