We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Activities with (and without) kids on Lake Atitlan

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
135 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Activities with (and without) kids on Lake Atitlan

Hello,

We are very excited to be heading to Guatemala this Saturday. We have one week on the Lake, based in Santa Catarina Palopo. I was wondering if anyone had suggestions about activities and guides. My husband and I would like to hike up Volcan San Pedro-- it sounds like we should leave our kids- 7, 10 and and a very lethargic 12- back at the house with my parents (we do plan on dragging them up Pacaya). We are also interested in a boat tour around the Lake- hopefully we can pay our respects to Maximón in Santiago and see a few more villages. We had also thought about the nature reserve and ziplining. Are there any hikes/activities suitable for kids that I've overlooked? Good experiences horseback riding, etc.?

Thanks very much!

Kind regards,

Jennifer

1. Re: Activities with (and without) kids on Lake Atitlan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, February 27, 2015