We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rain

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
272 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
rain

Just how hard does it rain these days? I am packing for tomorrows trip to Antigua/Lake Atitlan and wondering what sort of rain wear I will need. Full blown gortex or is a regular rain jacket OK? We hope to kayak, bike, hike ect.... What are the high/low temperatures currently?

Thank you!

Bethesda, MD
Level Contributor
2,728 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: rain

A regular jacket should be OK. But you never know for sure.

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
272 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rain

What are the high/low temps? Any packing advice?

Port Richey, Florida
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: rain

From what I've read the weather has improved and it hasn't been raining. You can expect overnight temperatures around 50F with sunny and warm days. Pack a light jacket. Good luck.

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
272 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: rain

great news!

Panajachel...
Level Contributor
722 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: rain

It is still raining every day. Usually starts in the early afternoon and rains most of the night. But sometimes not! If you are going to be out and about a good raincoat would be essential. Tuesday in Panajachel saw the main streets flooded and Jucanya was a foot or more deep in some streets. I saw stores and homes being flooded the same day in Chilmaltenango.

Temps are 70s in the day nd 60s at night. It's great. Yeah it rains but come anyway.

Lake Atitlan
Destination Expert
for Lake Atitlan
Level Contributor
1,030 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: rain

The best attitude for enjoying Guatemala this time of year is to make the rain part of your adventure. Every day is an episode of Survivor!!! Enjoy.

Shelby, North...
Level Contributor
223 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: rain

Well stated, Lee. I recall my Army days when I told my troops it was only "liquid sunshine".

8. Re: rain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:33 am, March 23, 2011