We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Business Visa

Islamabad
2 posts
Save Topic
Business Visa

I am a Pakistani citizen who need to travel to Guatemala on a business trip. Unfortunately, there is no Guatemala embassy or Trade mission in Pakistan.

I need to stay in Guatemala for 1-2 weeks for my meetings with the Ministry of Energy and Mines in the Guatemala City.

Can someone guide me to a good hotel that can arrange for my visa and stay?

Port Richey, Florida
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Business Visa

Hello there: I don't think you'll find a hotel that want to assume the responsibility of processing your visa to enter guatemala. I might be wrong but in my opinion, the best thing you can do is e-mail the guatemalan ministry of energy and mines and advise them of your situation. So that they can tell you how to proceed. (Ministerio de Energia y Minas) www.mem.gob.gt Tel (502) 2477-0743 or 2476-0679 or 2476-0680/81/82. Dial the eight digits after the country code. Let me know if I can be of further assistance. Good luck.

Islamabad
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Business Visa

Business Visa for Guatemala:

-----------------------------------------

While doing research on the net, I came across the following URL:

http://guatemala.visahq.com/?ctz=157&ref=

These guys claim that they can process Guatemala visa online. However, they are asking for original passport and online application with their fee.

I just wanted to know, if this service provider is genuine and do they have any track record of facilitating people from abroad to acquire Guatemala visa.

Another thing that they have mentioned is the person applying should have US residency or multiple-entry visa for US.

Unfortunately, I do not want to visit US, rather, as per my plan, I have to return back to Pakistan after my meetings at Guatemala.

Do you suggest that I coordinate with VisaHQ guys or can you guide me to some reliable travel agency or company in Guatemala that can facilitate me for my travel?

Look forward to hear from you soon.

Best regards!

Stevenage, United...
Level Contributor
911 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Business Visa

They want you to send them your passport AND include money????

Don't go there!!! Sounds like a scam.....

Port Richey, Florida
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Business Visa

Hi there again: I'm sure visa HQ is a legit business but like they said it is only for people or businesses in the US. So I don't think they can work with you. There are several companies that do the leg work for business travellers just like Visa HQ. And of course they all do it for a fee.

5. Re: Business Visa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 am, August 15, 2009