We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reliable tour operator in Guatemala City

Stockholm
Level Contributor
52 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
Reliable tour operator in Guatemala City

Can anyone recommend a reliable tour operator for short excursions from Guatemala City. Thanks in advance

Port Richey, Florida
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reliable tour operator in Guatemala City

Ronel Tours and Clark Tours have been in the business for a long time. And they seem to be pretty reliable companies as I've nver read anything bad about them. I'm sure they have their own websites. Just google their names. The other option would be to hire a cab driver out of the airport. Because I use the white taxies around GC all the time. And drivers have mentioned to me they do it all the time. But then he may not speak english. But you could also check with the front desk at your hotel because they know who they can recommend. Good luck.

Bethesda, MD
Level Contributor
2,728 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reliable tour operator in Guatemala City

I also thought of those two. I've never used them, but they're reputable.

Stockholm
Level Contributor
52 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reliable tour operator in Guatemala City

Thanks for your replies. I will check their websites.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1 post
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reliable tour operator in Guatemala City

I used Clark Tours in December 2012 and found that they were really great. My 3 day tour included transfers from the airport, 3 nights at Hotel Barcelo in Guatemala City, a tour to Antigua and then on to Chichicastenango in the highlands, Hotel Maya Inn in Chichi, a visit to Lake Atitlan and then return to Guatemala City. I also took the 1 day excursion to Tikal which was fantastic. My driver/guide Estuardo was great, and very reliable and knowledgeable. I would highly recommend using Clark Tours.

5. Re: Reliable tour operator in Guatemala City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, December 29, 2013