We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Casa Blanca Guatemala City

Guatemala
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotel Casa Blanca Guatemala City

Me and a friend of mine stayed here one night before she left the country. The hotel as a whole is cute. Little sitting areas and very quiet. Bar that is fully stocked, but no bartender. The receptionists were fair in their services. However, this hotel is a ripoff. We wanted to go to a nearby mall in Zona 10 and asked the girl at the desk if she could call us a cab, she then told us that taxi's would charge us Q60-70 just to drop us off. So she offered the hotels transport for Q50, obviously we took it thinking we were getting a deal. We later found out that taxi's charge Q35 to take you to Oakland Mall. So they lied to us to make a few extra Queztales. The next morning we wanted to do laundry and asked how much it would be, the same girl told us that she wasn't sure of the price but said it wouldn't be much. When they brought the clean laundry to us, it cost us $20!!! This is a ridiculous price, seeing as how you can do laundry in Antigua for half that. We were unfamiliar with Guatemala City as most tourists are, and were completely taken advantage of and so were our wallets. I would not recommend this hotel anyone needing a place to crash near the airport.

edmonton
Level Contributor
64 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Casa Blanca Guatemala City

Wow!! When it comes to taxi's people are normally off by a few dollars which is the case here, so I doubt that these people were trying to rip u off. The difference between 35Q and 50Q is 2 dollars! And 20 dollars sounds about average for doing laundry.So if your going to complain make it legitimate and not over 2 dollars.

Guatemala
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Casa Blanca Guatemala City

This review isn´t about the amount of money involved it's the point. Throughout Central and South America you encounter these situations. I'm tired of the locals taking advantage of foreigners. Whether it is for $20 or $2 or $1,000. When you live and work and travel back and forth between countries you are on a budget. I would like to remind the viewers of these forums that money is not the issue. The principal is. If a place of business takes advantage of people on a small finacial scale what is to say that they won't do it on a larger one?

edmonton
Level Contributor
64 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Casa Blanca Guatemala City

I understand what your saying but would u think the same if this happened to you in your country... probably not. It would sound ridiculous if I told u that the hotel staff told me that the cab ride to the mall costs $10 and they convince me to take their shuttle for $8 and then I hear that it only costs $6. Whenever I ask anybody back home how much a cab costs its usually an estimate and its always off by a few dollars. So why not give these people the benefit of the doubt. Believe it or not people get scammed and ripped off worldwide not just in central america and south america. Enjoy Guatemala!

4. Re: Hotel Casa Blanca Guatemala City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 04, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Guatemala City