We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Acceptable clothing/footwear at night

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Acceptable clothing/footwear at night

What would be classed as acceptable clothing/footwear wise for going out at night? Are trainers/sneakers ok for bars/restaurants/clubs etc or will they be frowned upon?

Elkton, Maryland
Level Contributor
209 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Acceptable clothing/footwear at night

I wear hiking boots and make it a point to not look prosperous, and have had no trouble with easing into nightlife in Guate. I can't imagine that you would have any trouble unless you left your wallet behind in the hotel. I hope you are staying in the Zona Viva.

I like Casa Chapina next to the Holiday Inn for excellent Guatemalan food, although I think Arrin Cuan is a bit better, though not as easy to find.

New Yokr
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Acceptable clothing/footwear at night

Anything goes in Zona Viva, I saw locals coming to a club with their work sweater from Pollo Campero.

Its a little chilly sometimes so it depends on how warm you want to be. It also depends on the clubs, I saw at least 2 that had a dress code, but those were also the 2 which had cover and which are known to cater to the local rich kids. The rest of the clubs are just as safe, just as fun and more laid back.

Check out the strip of clubs and bars around the corner (down the block) from Biltmore Express.

edmonton
Level Contributor
64 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Acceptable clothing/footwear at night

You won't have any problems getting into at any of the discos. Although if your looking to link up with some ladies I'd leave the sneaks at home.

4. Re: Acceptable clothing/footwear at night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 18, 2010