We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Guatemala in April

TN
1 post
Save Topic
Visiting Guatemala in April

I will be in Guatemala city April 26 and wanted some advice on where to stay and where to go while there.

I only have a few days before the rest of our mission team arrives. I have been to Guatemala before and seen some the sights like Antigua, The Mercado Central etc.

I'm planning on staying at The Grand Tikal hotel , which they say it is close to shopping malls and restaurants.

My plans are to check out the night life in Guatemala City on Sat 26,on Sunday 27 i want to visit Antigua and maybe spend the night there. Monday 28 back to Guatemala City see the rest of the city.

Thanks

Bethesda, MD
Level Contributor
2,875 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting Guatemala in April

For shopping, restaurants, and nightlife in GC, I think you'd be better off in Zone 10 (la zona viva) than at Tikal Futura, and you'd be closer to the two museums in Zone 10 as well. There's plenty of hotels there on a par with Tikal Futura.

Port Richey, Florida
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting Guatemala in April

Hi there, I totally agree with DonCraig.Good luck.

Bradenton, Fl.
Level Contributor
3 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting Guatemala in April

My favorite place to stay is the Hotel Pan American. It is an older classy hotel. Not steel and glass like the new ones. It is extremely comfortable and safe (armed guard at door). The food is the best in the capitol. You would probably enjoy the nightlife in Zona 1.

4. Re: Visiting Guatemala in April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:26 am, September 24, 2009