We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How is this itinerary?

ny
Level Contributor
65 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
How is this itinerary?

Sunday arrive in GC at 1pm and hang in zone 10.

Monday flight to Tikal and stay overnight and stay in flores or Tikal park.

Tues go to Antigua and stay until Thurs morning.

Thurs head to Monterrico and stay until Sat afternoon.

Sat take bus back to Antigua or GC for last night.

Sunday flight back at 2pm

Is there anything I should change? I am traveling alone.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,984 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How is this itinerary?

Sounds good to me. We had a couple of weeks, but I have never heard of Monterrico.....

We sort of did the Lake Atitlan, etc.

Tell me about Monterrico.

Bethesda, MD
Level Contributor
3,056 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How is this itinerary?

It works, but it doesn't give you much time any place -- only one full day in Antigua and one full day in Monterrico.

Unless you absolutely must get time on a beach, I'd skip Monterrico and go to the lake.

Port Richey, Florida
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How is this itinerary?

Hi there, unless you've already paid for your plane ticket to Flores/Tikal. I would take the overnight deluxe bus to Flores, save yourself all that money and a hotel night and get to Flores first thing monday morning and catch a shuttle to tikal. Spend that whole day spend the night at one of the hotels in Flores enjoying the lake www.corpetur.com. And on the way back spend a day sipping a drink and a good meal along the rio dulce www.mayaparadise.com or www.riodulcechisme.com which in my opinion is nicer than monterrico.Those buses are safe www.litegua.com Then go to Antigua for the rest of the trip. If you get to Monterrico on a weekday you'll be disappointed as the place looks like ghost town. All the partying there happens on the weekends.

4. Re: How is this itinerary?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 pm, September 17, 2009