We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Antigua or GC on a Sat night for partying?

ny
Level Contributor
65 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Antigua or GC on a Sat night for partying?

I am looking for a fun time as a single male traveler...thx.

Bethesda, MD
Level Contributor
2,715 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Antigua or GC on a Sat night for partying?

To deal with both of your nightlife posts at once...

You're OK on Saturday night in either GC or Antigua. There'd be more Guatemalans in the Zona Viva in GC, more foreigners in Antigua.

There'll be activity in the Zona Viva on a Sunday night as well, but nothing like Saturday.

I think I'd be more inclined to spend that last Saturday night in Antigua, unless the museums in GC are open on Sunday morning.

Los Angeles, CA
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Antigua or GC on a Sat night for partying?

you would be more likely to have more fun @ antiqua meeting other travelers.

You can have fun in GC but more likely to pay more.

New Yokr
Level Contributor
16 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Antigua or GC on a Sat night for partying?

I'd say Antigua, I was there with my husband and saw tons of single people mingling at the bars and the one club in Antigua (La Casbah). They have good music and locals and foreigners. A great view from their terrace.

There is also a bar across the street that caters to mostly Europeans and Americans (music wise).

Zona Viva in Guate is more "alive"- I personally enjoyed my time there more.

4. Re: Antigua or GC on a Sat night for partying?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, March 11, 2010