We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
TripAdvisor
Guatemala City
Search

Any bits of advice/wisdom

Dearborn, MI
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
33 helpful votes
Any bits of advice/wisdom
Save

I am accompanying a friend to Guatemala City in a few weeks for when she meets her daughter that she is adopting.

We are staying at the Westin and already registered with the embassy/state department.

She has eveything lined up for the visit with the adoption but I figured I would just check if anyone has anything to add.

Thanks

Elkton, Maryland
Level Contributor
209 posts
5 reviews
40 helpful votes
1. Re: Any bits of advice/wisdom
Save

She could learn something of the heritage of the child.

A 25-30Q cab ride (or you could walk; I have from la Zona Viva) will get you to:

The zoo has a lot of local and exotic animals in reasonably nice habitats and you can enjoy a lot of tropical songbirds there. It is just down rhe street from the National Archaeological Museum and a handicrafts market.

In the other direction are the Popul Vuh and the Ixchel Museums. The former has a lot of Maya artifacts and the latter has a great collection of Guatemalan Maya clothing. There are next to each other.

Local nice restaurants specializing in real Guatemalan food are Arrin Cuan and Casa Chapina.

2. Re: Any bits of advice/wisdom

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, September 18, 2009