We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
TripAdvisor
Guatemala City
Search

GC Textile Museum

Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
15 posts
34 reviews
10 helpful votes
GC Textile Museum
Save

¡Hola!

I have a few hours in GC before my flight home to the states. Is an hour (+-) enough time at the textile museum? It opens st 9 and my flight is at 12:50... is there somewhere else that would be a good use of that time?

Thanks!

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
15,329 posts
331 reviews
272 helpful votes
1. Re: GC Textile Museum
Save

The Ixchel Textile Museum and the Popl Vuh Archaeological Museum are across from each other at Universidad Francisco Marroquín, both lovely, and only about 20 minutes from the airport if traffic is ok. That's doable but the airport has been crazy our last 2 flights home so that might be pushing it - depends on your risk tolerance.

Bethesda, MD
Level Contributor
3,416 posts
43 reviews
25 helpful votes
2. Re: GC Textile Museum
Save

It's doable, but I'd be out of the museum no later than 10. But then I have a low risk tolerance.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
472 posts
7 reviews
2 helpful votes
3. Re: GC Textile Museum
Save

Why don't you visit the Museo de Arqueología y Etnología instead? It's in the museum/zoo/park campus right by the airport. I haven't been there but others on this forum have recommended it.

Level Contributor
352 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
4. Re: GC Textile Museum
Save

Within a 20 minute walk from the airport is a collection of things to do including the Archaeological Museum (which has an ethnology section with textile/clothing exhibits which you might be interested in.)

There is also a botanical garden, a children's museum, a natural history museum, the city zoo, and a good size craft and handiwork market where you can purchase fairly high quality Guatemalan souvenirs and gifts.

I have made this walk several times when I had layovers at the airport. It is an easy walk passing the old equestrian racetrack stands but if you are worried about the time, you can easily take a five minute taxi to or from, or both.

5. Re: GC Textile Museum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 04, 2018