We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants Chichicastenango

Boston, MA, USA
Level Contributor
680 posts
112 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants Chichicastenango

Has anyone eaten at the Las Brasas Restaurant or Casa San Juan? If so what are your opinions on eating there...or any other restaurants you can suggest..Thanks

Lake Atitlan
Destination Expert
for Lake Atitlan
Level Contributor
1,059 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants Chichicastenango

Either restaurant is fine and serves good food. Most tourist stick to one of these restaurants. For high end, go to Hotel Santo Tomas or Maya World. For local comidor food, go to Comidor Typico.

Boston, MA, USA
Level Contributor
680 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants Chichicastenango

Thanks for your reply...just one question...is the Maya World Restaurant part of the Mayan Inn?I have just one night there...which one is the nicest for a special dinner?

Lake Atitlan
Destination Expert
for Lake Atitlan
Level Contributor
1,059 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants Chichicastenango

My mistake, I should have checked my records instead of relying on the old grey matter between my ears. I was actually thinking of the Mayan Inn.

While in Guatemala, the Pepian (usually with chicken/pollo) is required eating and very good. Another dish is Jocon, but it is not my favorite. Then you can eat guacamole with every meal.

Boston, MA, USA
Level Contributor
680 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants Chichicastenango

Thanks again

5. Re: Restaurants Chichicastenango

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 10, 2011