We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time to visit Guatemala

Liverpool, England
Level Contributor
8 posts
121 reviews
Save Topic
Best time to visit Guatemala

We are planning our fourth trip to Guatemala. The other trips had to be in August, because I was teaching, but now we are retired we can go when we want! We are struggling to decide whether to go in October/November this year, or wait until spring next year, maybe just after Easter - late April/early May. We will visit Antigua, Lake Atitlan and other places near there, and maybe Flores and Tikal. Weather-wise, which would be the best time? I read words like 'hurricane season' and 'mudslides', but I'm not sure how relevant these things are to the places we plan to visit, nor exactly when they may happen.

Liverpool, England
Level Contributor
8 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Best time to visit Guatemala

Hi everyone, thank you very much for your advice. As I suspected, you have all suggested different times, so really it's up to us! As many of you have said, there's no really bad time to visit Guatemala. Some of you seem to go there a lot - several times a year? Unfortunately, it's a big treck for us from UK, and you can't go there direct, certainly not from northern England, where we live.

Anyway, what we're thinking now is to go in the second half of February. We've always seen the country lush and green, so if it's a bit dryer this time, it doesn't matter too much, and we'll know for next time.

Thanks again.

12. Re: Best time to visit Guatemala

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 21, 2015