We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Route advice on a two week trip please

Washington DC...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Route advice on a two week trip please

Hello,

I am traveling to Guatemala from December 20th, 2013- January 5th, 2013. Exactly two weeks in country. I have a route planned in my head, but would like to get some input on it from people who have been there. I would like to know if the route is actually doable, and if you have any better recommendations, or perhaps must see or do's, along the way.

I land into Guatemala City on a Friday at 4:30pm and plan to go straight to Antigua for the night.

Saturday morning go to La Iguana (Santa Cruz) on lake Atitlan. I am hoping that two and a half days will be enough(?).

Tuesday morning, I would like to travel to Quetzaltenango, and be there for 3 days.

I would like to travel to Tikal from there via Champey, but am not sure what the best way to do that is yet.

My goal in to cross the boarder into Belize on the 30th, so I can be there for New Years eve, and then head back to Antigua on Jan 1st, and be there until the end of my trip on the 5th (very early in the morning).

Would LOVE to get any input, advice, suggestions, recommendations, etc., etc., ...

Thank you very much,

Nelisq.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
48 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Route advice on a two week trip please

Thanks again

22. Re: Route advice on a two week trip please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 11, 2015