We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best way to get from Flores airport to Tikal

Which Guatemala hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
best way to get from Flores airport to Tikal

Hello,

What is the best way to get from Flores airport to Tikal to one of their lodges? We will be arriving on an early flight from Guate City and I am wondering whether it is safe to get one of their taxis/shuttle buses or shall we just book a transport through Tikal Inn where we will be staying? How much shall we expect to pay for the 2 of us?

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
10,977 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best way to get from Flores airport to Tikal

I can't help on the cost but your options are to prearrange through Tikal Inn or a transport agency, select a taxi or shuttle on the fly, or arrange a guided tour for that morning that includes transportation. I've done all of those at some point but either years ago or with a group in tow so my cost history won't help you.

Lots of negative posts here and on other forums about San Juan travel so I'd avoid them. Below are links to an ultra-fantastic guide and a transportation company I've used. Have a great visit, however you get there!

www.tikalroxy.blogspot.com

www.adrenalinatours.com

My photos with blog and travelogue links on the main page of each collection are below in case you're interested. Happy trails!

flickr.com/photos/staceyholeman/collections

2. Re: best way to get from Flores airport to Tikal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 22, 2014