We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flores Airport

California
Level Contributor
674 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Flores Airport

We're taking the TACA 8:05 am flight from Flores to GC. I haven't been able to find any info on how early we should arrive at the airport. We used United frequent flyer miles (only 7500 per one way), and United isn't providing that info for their partner. I can't find it on TACA's site either.

How early do we need to arrive at the airport? I've heard it's one room for departures and one for arrivals, so it's got to be a small airport.

Are we delirious to think we (or our hotel) can arrange the night before with a tuk-tuk driver to pick us up and transport us to the airport early in the morning?

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
11,714 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flores Airport

I'd confirm the night before and plan to get their 2 hours ahead. It is a small airport but sometimes they overbook the flights so you don't want to be the last to arrive. Most hotels in Flores are willing to arrange a taxi to get you there. I'm assuming you're staying in Flores since you referenced tuktuks. Happy trails!

Alabama
Level Contributor
758 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flores Airport

If you arrive at least 1 hour and 15 minutes before the departure time you'll be fine. The checked luggage cutoff time for TACA domestic flights is 30 minutes. As long as you beat that, you won't have any problems. You'll still need to pay for the airport fee at the bank inside the airport, too, unless it's included in your ticket purchase.

I always leave Flores by one of the numerous tuk tuks running around the island at 6:45 am and after checking in my luggage and getting my boarding pass at the airport, I still have time to eat breakfast at the restaurant inside the airport before the 8:05 am flight. The TACA agents don't start checking people in until around 7 am, anyways!

California
Level Contributor
674 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flores Airport

Thank you for your responses!

And yes, we're staying in Flores the night before the flight. We paid a $2.50 airport fee in our ticket, so hopefully that takes care of the fee.

Linda

4. Re: Flores Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 17, 2014