We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Guatemala City to Lanquin

Which Guatemala hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Miami, Florida
2 posts
Save Topic
Travel from Guatemala City to Lanquin

I arrive to GUA on a 1pm flight and am looking to head to Lanquin the same day. I know of a 3pm shuttle from Guat city to Coban but have found out that public buses from Coban to Lanquin stop around 6pm.

Does anyone know of any private/alternative transportation options that might get me to Lanquin from Coban after the public buses have stopped running?

I have dug around travel guides, blogs, etc and haven't come across a definite answer. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
29 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Guatemala City to Lanquin

Have you tried contacting your hotel/hostel in Lanquin for suggestions? They should know the transportation options. Or you can contact one of these websites for prices on private shuttles or buses:

transportguatemala.com/book-transportation.p…

http://www.guatemalatransportation.com/

www.hunabkutours.com/shuttleservice.htm

Unless you absolutely must be in Lanquin the same day, it would probably be cheaper to spend the night in Guatemala City or Coban and head to Lanquin the next day.

Edited: 11:47 am, January 21, 2013
Port Richey, Florida
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Guatemala City to Lanquin

Hi there. I don`t know which 3PM shouttle you`re talking about and I sereiourly doubt such a service out of GC is available. But your best option out of GC is Transportes Monja Blanca which provides excellent hourly service to Coban out of the North Bus Terminal. But their webpage is down. You can check out this page wwww.thebusschedule.com.gt It`s a five hour ride with a lunch stop half way along the route. In Cobn you can find all kinds of hotels www.coban.net at reasonable rates. You could spend the night there and next day after enjoying breakfast head out to Lanquin. Good luck.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
29 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from Guatemala City to Lanquin

This schedule shows buses from GC to Coban every 30 mins from 4:00 AM to 5:00 PM. It also shows the last bus from Coban to Lanquin is at 3:00 PM.

http://www.cobanav.net/bus.php

You could also try calling Monja Blanca or sending them a message:

amerpages.com/eng/…monja-blanca

Miami, Florida
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel from Guatemala City to Lanquin

Thanks for all the information. I ended up booking a shared shuttle to Lanquin through Rainbow Travel which picked me up at the airport around 3pm. The shuttle stops for food half way through. I arrived in Lanquin at about 1045pm and got up the next morning for the 830am departure to Semuc Champey. There are plenty of shared shuttle companies that will pick one up at the airport, most leaving out of Antigua. I would recommend this to anyone who might want to include a visit to Semuc Champey.

Port Richey, Florida
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel from Guatemala City to Lanquin

I was not aware of any shared shuttles out of the airport to Lanquin. Thanks for the feedback.

6. Re: Travel from Guatemala City to Lanquin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, March 15, 2014