We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

do NOT book with Copa Airlines

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4,337 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
do NOT book with Copa Airlines

a warning when u book with Copa. While in Columbia I booked a flight from Lima to Guatemala City on 15 Oct and received a reservation email with the following caveat written in red:

<<Your reservation number is C1xxxx. We will send you an e-ticket receipt confirming your purchase once our processing is complete. This may take up to 6 hours. If you are traveling within the following 12 hours, you will receive your e-ticket confirmation in less than 3 hours.>>

After more than 24 hrs of not receiving a receipt or e-tix n the booking system showed 'held', I emailed Copa on the status n received a reply a day later in Spanish that I will need to contact them to validate my credit card as there was error in transaction.(I used google translation to intrepret what they are saying.) Using google again I replied to them in spanish that as I do not speak spanish n has difficulty in contacting them that they can cancel my reservation. I checked the system again n my reservation was no longer there. So I thought it was cancelled as I NEVER received a receipt, any confirmation or e-tix. And I proceeded to book another flight using Aero-Mexico.

Now that am back in Singapore I just looked at my credit card bill n Copa charged me USD 764 for a flight that was NEVER confirmed, e-tix nor receipt issued! So be warned guys... I will pursue the matter further with Copa..

Port Richey, Florida
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: do NOT book with Copa Airlines

Thanks for sharing. Have you tried contacting your credt card company to dispute the charges. I've always gotten satisfactory results from different banks whenever I've had to dispute the charges provided you have a well documented case. That should be a less painful route to follow. Good luck.

La Libertad, El...
Level Contributor
188 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: do NOT book with Copa Airlines

You did not contact COPA to clear up the cc question as requested so how can you logically say "do NOT book with Copa Airlines"?

3. Re: do NOT book with Copa Airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, December 17, 2013