We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus travel - Guatemala

Melbourne
Level Contributor
38 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Bus travel - Guatemala

Hi guys

Can anyone post a link to a recent and accurate web page listing the current bus services within Guatemala?

In particular GC to Rio Dulce and Flores to Antigua.

Thanks in advance.

Bethesda, MD
Level Contributor
2,813 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus travel - Guatemala

Litegua goes from GC to RD: www.litegua.com/litegua/servicio-especial.php

ADN has service from Flores to GC: www.adnautobusesdelnorte.com/eng/quienes.htm.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
38 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus travel - Guatemala

Brilliant,

Thanks DonCraig

Port Richey, Florida
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus travel - Guatemala

Some of the Litegua buses are double decker wich give you a nice panoramic view of the country side if you can get the up front seats upstairs.

You can call ahead and reserve the seats. It's a five hour ride out of their own terminal in downtown GC with a lunch stop at a good restaurant with good food, coffee and clean restrooms. Keep in mind that from rio dulce yyou're not that far from Quirigua which is about a mile walk right off the road. On this web page click on Izabal to get an area map www.mapasdeguatemala.com

Alabama
Level Contributor
758 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus travel - Guatemala

Kyle...The lunch stop you mentioned at a good restaurant with good food, coffee and clean restrooms is located near Morales and is called "Estacion 243".

Maryland, USA
Level Contributor
207 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus travel - Guatemala

There are other options:

http://grupofuentedelnorte.com/

http://lineadorada.info/

Melbourne
Level Contributor
38 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus travel - Guatemala

Hi guys,

As I am short on time on my upcoming trip to Guatemala I am keen to get out of Guatemala City quite quickly following my arrival.

I a planning to head north and check out Rio Dulce and on to Flores/Tikal shortly after.

I have 2 questions I was hoping experienced campaigners in here could help me with:

1) Are there buses leaving GC in the morning or early afternoon heading north or do they predominantly leave late at night? I have checked out a lot of the suggested bus websites but it is difficult to work out the current schedules.

2) Does anyone have a summary of different bus schedules for heading north to Rio Dulce? First class buses only please.

Thanks guys

Maryland, USA
Level Contributor
207 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus travel - Guatemala

As I mentioned above, see:

http://grupofuentedelnorte.com/

or more specifically grupofuentedelnorte.com/index.php/itinerarios

I know that the 2 PM to Flores has both first class and deluxe seating, but you won't need the deluxe seating. Others to Rio Dulce might be not exactly first class. That is one of the stated destinations, so I presume that buses to Santa Elena stop there.

The station is very close to the Railroad Museum, which is kind of cool. If you arrive early enough, take it in. If not, have a beer and/or late lunch at one of the comedores after you have bought your ticket.

Alabama
Level Contributor
758 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bus travel - Guatemala

What's wrong with this Litegua schedule? www.litegua.com/litegua/horarios.php?go=19

Maryland, USA
Level Contributor
207 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bus travel - Guatemala

There is nothing at all wrong with other schedules. I just kind of like being able to sip a beer or grab a bite to eat from a nearby business while watching for my bus to get ready to load. The beer or especially two would not be a good idea for a bus that had no toilet at all, so in that regard, you have bested me.

Alabama
Level Contributor
758 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bus travel - Guatemala

Duende,

I wasn't referring to you. I was referring to the OP in the fact he asked " Does anyone have a summary of different bus schedules for heading north to Rio Dulce? First class buses only please." I just wanted to throw in the one for Litegua which specifically shows many options during the day as well.