We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quick Question on Canapy tours

Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Quick Question on Canapy tours

We leave tomorrow (Friday) and will be spending one day in Monteverde before going to Ecoplaya Beach resort for a week (north west corner.) I'm very hot to try a canapy tour with a zip line. Does anyone know if there are good ones in the Guanacaste or Santa Rosa National Parks or in that region.

We don't mind driving some during our week.

I know Monteverde has a great canapy tour with zipline, but with limited time there and lots to see, I was thinking that the 'thrill ride " could be in at a different location when we have more time. Any help today/tonight would be greatly appreciated. (I just found these forums! Fantastic!)

Mentioned in this post
Monteverde
Monteverde
Province of Puntarenas, Costa Rica
Ecoplaya Beach Resort
Ecoplaya Beach Resort
178 Reviews
La Cruz, Costa Rica
Santa Rosa National Park
Santa Rosa National Park
62 Reviews
Province of Guanacaste, Costa Rica
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
952 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quick Question on Canapy tours

The trees are much taller in the cloud forest and you will have a much more exciting zip line tour if you do it in Monteverde.

Mentioned in this post
Monteverde
Monteverde
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quick Question on Canapy tours

We're back. Thanks for the tip on Monteverde. The Canopy Tour we used was "Adventura" and you were right...the trees were huge and the tour was a blast. Shooting out of the trees, way up high over beautiful valleys. I would highly recommend it! I felt this tour had safety well covered and the elements: including a rappel down from a platform, (they lowered you) and a giant Tarzan swing added just enough change of pace to make the experience fantastic. We went in the middle of November and the group was maybe 25 people. In the "High Season" of Dec-March groups could be very large and it might feel more rushed and impersonal.

If you have a chance, do your Canopy Tours here!

Mentioned in this post
Monteverde
Monteverde
3. Re: Quick Question on Canapy tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 pm, August 23, 2009
;