We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Costa Rica

Saratoga Springs...
Level Contributor
13 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
First time to Costa Rica

My wife and I will be visiting Costa Rica for a week in Jan 2016 on a church leadership training project for four days, then we will have five days to explore C R then we need to head to Managua, Nicaragua to help staff a camp for youth as part of a missions work.

We are early 70's, very active adults, love the coast, live in Myrtle Beach, SC USA, love to explore and discover new things. We travel on a moderate budget and plan to rent a car for the five days. We prefer quaint guests houses or B&B's or boutique local small hotels. We enjoy discovering artists and craftsmen of countries and locslly made items.

We need to take the early a.m. bus to managua on our last day. We love being on a beach but also want to explore and see wildlife.

Whew! I have asked a lot. Any suggestions?

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
18,831 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time to Costa Rica

Whew! You have so little time! Personally I would skip the beach part, instead would stay most of my available time at 2 locations. Arenal and Monteverde are a feasible combo that will give you two distinctively different eco systems. And are relatively close to San Jose. Another option would be staying around Cartago exploring the Orosi Valley with a couple of nights in Cerro de la Muerte area. For both renting a car is recommendable.

Canada
Level Contributor
180 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time to Costa Rica

Fom the description of the types of accommodations you normally enjoy, you should check out Casa Batsu in Monteverde, should you decide to go there. You would love it.

Saratoga Springs...
Level Contributor
13 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time to Costa Rica

Thank you also for the recommendation. We definitely,will follow the feedback advice.

4. Re: First time to Costa Rica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 15, 2016