We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Summer stay w/ young kids?

portland, or
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Summer stay w/ young kids?

I have dreams of spending a month or so in Costa Rica next summer with just myself and two young boys who will be 6 and almost 4. Is this realistic? I have a reasonable command of Spanish and would love to greatly improve it by living there for most of the summer. Where would be a good place to rent an apartment/condo/? that would be safe for me and my sons? As you can probably tell I'm JUST getting started with this idea!

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,655 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Summer stay w/ young kids?

Samara Beach would be a great choice. There was a lady who did a similar thing last year and she and her kids loved it. One place that is popular with families is Villas Kalimba.

Samara is a very family friendly town and not too touristy. Nice beach and nearby Carrillo has a picture postcard beach. For more information: www.samarabeach.com or www.nicoyapeninsula.com You can also contact the Samara Info Center -- they can be very helpful with any questions www.samarainfocenter.com

Kingman, Arizona
Level Contributor
2,717 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Summer stay w/ young kids?

Brasilito is a small town with mostly Ticos between Flamingo and Tamarindo. It was where I rented my first house when I moved here 5 years ago..

Nice beach, uncrowded, kid friendly, no waves or riptides to speak of and friendly locals. There are usually some furnished beach front apartments / duplexes for rent.

Samara is nice as well, just a little further from either airport.

3. Re: Summer stay w/ young kids?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, August 19, 2015