We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Playa Ocotal

Morgantown
Level Contributor
99 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Playa Ocotal

Suggestions please on where to stay close to playa ocotal. We are a family of 4 and will be en route from Cabuya preparing to fly out of lir. We prefer nontouristy/private/options

Thank you.

Kingman, Arizona
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Playa Ocotal

For just one night or ? I live here and can get some good information on vacation rentals here

Morgantown
Level Contributor
99 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Playa Ocotal

We need sunday nov 31 arrival through Tues Dec 2 departure. So 2 night stay (or for the right place we might stay 3 days!)

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
49,077 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Playa Ocotal

Ocotal l is a rocky beach...a lot nicer Hermosa beach about 20 minutes from Ocotal...remember you do not need any middle person to book anything...please report solicitation by PM...

roadadvisor

Kingman, Arizona
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Playa Ocotal

Playa Ocotal is one of the nicest beaches in the country

the ICT has this description

PLAYA OCOTAL

This is an inlet bordered by hills with grayish sands and calm waves. To the extreme south is Punta Cirial which is surrounded by crystal clear waters. This beach is ideal for swimming, sunbathing, and water sports like, diving and sport fishing, which are offered at different points throughout the region.

From the peaks of the adjacent hills, there is a magnificent view of the Gulf of Papagayo. South of Ocotal is another smaller inlet known as Azul or Pez Vela Bay, which is popular for sport fishing. This beach carries the Blue Flag certification, meaning, it has been recognized for its cleanliness and safety.

When you keep reading biased opinions, best to go to the official tourism board's web page for info.

Mentioned in this post
Playa Ocotal
Playa Ocotal
Province of Guanacaste, Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,653 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Playa Ocotal

Here's another description with a great photo: www.anywherecostarica.com/destinations/ocotal

Kingman, Arizona
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Playa Ocotal

Thank you Hattie! There are some trees just off the beach that provide natural shade ... I swim from this beach every morning.

Morgantown
Level Contributor
99 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Playa Ocotal

Thanks everyone. Our heart is set on Ocotal. We want a beach where the kids (9 and 11) can snorkle with less likelihood of riptides. It sounds perfect for us. We just need to find the right place too stay!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
49,077 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Playa Ocotal

My kids are 11 and 13 and Ocotal is the last beach we will choose…and I grew up here in Costa Rica…and we used to own a house very close to Ocotal at Hermosa beach…you see that is a nice beach…not good for snorkeling but great beach…

Sport fishing from Ocotal yes maybe 2 hours from there…diving you can dive anywhere but you will see anything NO for a good dive maybe 45 minutes away…

but if you have your heart set…go for…just be carefulll with any body trying to sell you anything…report any soliciting…some people do not have any respect for privacy …and will do anything to earn a commission!

roadadvisor

Edited: 11:49 pm, August 15, 2014
Kingman, Arizona
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Playa Ocotal

hopefully you've found a place here in Ocotal ...

I love this beach!

Morgantown
Level Contributor
99 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Playa Ocotal

Randy, we are all set now. Can't wait!