We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need accomodation with airport pick up west of SJ airport

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
35 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Need accomodation with airport pick up west of SJ airport

Can anyone recommend a safe, budget - friendly place that would pick my daughter and I up at the airport on our arrival. We arrive at night in July and I feel I need to have something booked for us for this in advance. We are heading to the west coast so somewhere in that direction preferred..maybe Alajuela area? We don’t want to travel far that night.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need accomodation with airport pick up west of SJ airport

The airport is in Alajuela, not San Jose. Where would you be going the next morning? What mode of transportation are you planning on using for your trip the next morning?

Edited: 8:01 pm, May 15, 2013
Tilaran, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
559 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need accomodation with airport pick up west of SJ airport

We stayed at Hotel Pura Vida and loved it. They are in Alajuela and do offer airport transfer. Check out their reviews.

Chicago
Level Contributor
238 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need accomodation with airport pick up west of SJ airport

Vista Linda Montana, clean, quiet, nice owners, good mountains view and around $50. They will pick you up at the airport.

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Sarapiqui
Level Contributor
5,316 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need accomodation with airport pick up west of SJ airport

Orquideas Inn is very good value and is right on the road to Manuel Antonio and Arenal.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
35 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need accomodation with airport pick up west of SJ airport

Well we are heading west but not for a few days (maybe after 2 or 3 nights). I am not sure if my daughter and I should rent a vehicle (we have over a month and trying to keep costs down) so my initial plan was to take public bus to Manuel Antonio Park from Alejuela, then go north up the coast, then inland to the central highlands then maybe over to the Caribbean side. What would you suggest for transportation? Is it safe to rent a vehicle and drive oneself? It is just my 12 year old daughter and I. For this trip maybe there are certain parts that a rented vehicle would be better to have (central highlands?) and the coast use public buses?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
35 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need accomodation with airport pick up west of SJ airport

Thanks so much - I will look into that! Do they pick up at the airport?

7. Re: Need accomodation with airport pick up west of SJ airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, May 17, 2014