We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

passport copy

London On
Level Contributor
50 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
passport copy

Hi we have booked an excursion before we are arriving

in Costa Rica, and are being told that we should have a copy of our passports with the stamp from the airport on us when we leave the resort? do we need to have this?

I have never come across this in anyother country?

p.s reputable tour company

Pacific Trade Winds
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Nasua Tours
Walking Tours, Night Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Manuel's Tours
Eco Tours, Night Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: passport copy

Yes this is highly recommended so you don't have to have your original passport on you at all times. The biggest reason for this is so that if you get stopped for some reason, they know how long you've been in the country (ex- you haven't stayed past your 90 day tourist visa). :-)

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
48,682 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: passport copy

It is a good thing to have it with you ...but it is not mandatory...in my many years as part of tourist industry ...just a couple times I heard somenthing about it...but that was in csaes with people and crime investigations...nothing to do with nice people like you!

Level Contributor
4,478 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: passport copy

Take a digital pfoto of it just in case,

4. Re: passport copy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 10, 2014