We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

buying Kolbi SIM card ahead of time or in CR

Which Costa Rica hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
buying Kolbi SIM card ahead of time or in CR

I am heading down to CR 1/31/13 and just had my iphone 4 unlocked. I didn't know if I should order a prepaid SIM card ahead of time to ensure I have my phone working with it or if I should just wait to get one in SJO

I will be flying in the afternoon and we land at 8:30pm, will I have enough time to catch vendors in the airport?

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,656 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: buying Kolbi SIM card ahead of time or in CR

Just get one at SJO. I think the kiosk is open until 10 pm -- maybe later. You will have time. If not, there are a gazillion places where you can buy one -- every supermarket and little shop all around the country has them. Look for the little Kolbi frog emblem or a yellow sign that says "Prepago."

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: buying Kolbi SIM card ahead of time or in CR

Just before you go down the escalator to immigration there is a booth you can buy a SIM card - if you miss this location there are several placed you can buy them in town and such.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: buying Kolbi SIM card ahead of time or in CR

thank you hattie and latin for your help, one less thing i have to get before I go :)

4. Re: buying Kolbi SIM card ahead of time or in CR

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 17, 2014